cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reliable Camera Dealers

stlouisblues
Contributor

Hello:

I am looking for names of reliable camera shops that sell Canon DSLR cameras and accessories. In the past, I have found reviews on the internet that have not been positive pertaining to customer experience with certain dealers. 

Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14

Davoud
Enthusiast

I've had good luck with both B&H (on-line and in-store) and Adorama. Good service, and in the case of the one problem I had with a piece of gear, Adorama replaced it very promptly.

Mitsubishiman
Rising Star
I have used B&H and Adorama for accessories, when it comes to camera or lens...
Think about it, why would you deal with anyone other than the manufacturer, they designed it, they support it...
If you ever need service, one of the questions you will be asked is where was the unit purchased, from Canon directly or a third party.

@Mitsubishiman wrote:
Think about it, why would you deal with anyone other than the manufacturer, they designed it, they support it...
If you ever need service, one of the questions you will be asked is where was the unit purchased, from Canon directly or a third party.

You seem to have the mistaken notion that a camera bought from an authorized dealer such as Adorama, Amazon, or B&H is somehow treated differently by Canon USA than one bought from Canon directly. This is untrue, so long as one doesn't buy a gray market camera.

@Davoud wrote:

@Mitsubishiman wrote:

You seem to have the mistaken notion that a camera bought from an authorized dealer such as Adorama, Amazon, or B&H is somehow treated differently by Canon USA than one bought from Canon directly. This is untrue, so long as one doesn't buy a gray market camera.

If Canon is like every other manufacturer of consumer electronics, they know exactly what serial number was shipped to which Canon dealer.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

It doesn’t matter *which* authorized Canon dealer you buy a camera from... only that it *is* an authorized Canon dealer.

You also want to make sure the dealer indicates it is a “USA” camera and not an “import” and this can be confusing.

All cameras are made overeas (they’re all imports).  The difference is a “USA” camera is one that Canon imported intended for sale in this market.  Camera’s marked as “imports” are “gray market” camera.  They are genuine Canon cameras (not forgeries) ... but they were manufacturered and intended for sell in other countries.  Some dealers will pick up these cameras at a savings and import them via their own means.  THOSE are “gray market” cameras.  Not only do they NOT have a Canon warranty... Canon service often wont even touch them (even if you are paying for the service).  The stores that do this usually claim that they perform the service.  This never made me very comfortable and I’d much rather have a camera that is backed & serviceable by Canon service directly.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements