cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding EOS cameras, which would you recommend?

calilove27
Contributor

I've had a Canon T1i for almost four years now & I have someone who wants to buy it from me, so I with that in mind, i'm thinking about upgrading now. I guess I would say that i'm an intermediate photographer and I usually take landscape photos. I'm also very eager to learn how to take night photos like of city lights.
Which camera(s) and lens would you reccomend? 

5 REPLIES 5

ScottyP
Authority
Hi,

What is your budget?

What lenses do you have?

Do you think at all about going to a full frame camera?

You don't seem to take a lot of action shots, and in fact you talk about shooting non-moving things like city lights and landscapes. You dont list video as being very important. You should be plenty happy getting a newer Rebel. The T5i is the newest at the moment. For what you are shooting and if you found a big savings you could go with a T4i or even a T3i, which all have a similar sensor. Unless you are shooting more action, you don't need to put a lot of money into the camera. Save money for improving your lens collection if you need to.

If you don't already have a good tripod (better than they stock at Best Buy) I would spend some money there. It would help with the city lights and landscapes, since you can shoot long exposures.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Well I only have the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens that came with my T1i, but I'm going to be selling the whole kit. I was actually thinking of getting the T3i body only, and purchasing a EF 17-40 f/4L USM lens? or are there any other lens, preferably under $1000, that would work well with the T3i and for landscape photos?

"... or are there any other lens, preferably under $1000, that would work well with the T3i and for landscape photos?"

Yes.  The ef-s 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 usm

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ClayStevens
Contributor

More information about you will leads better advices.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I agree with ScottyP, get a Rebel T5i. Use the money saved from getting a more expensive body to purchase some accessories. Like a good tripod. Speedlight 430 EX, maybe. Polarize filter, etc.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements