cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurbished from canon,with 90 day limited warrenty.Has anyone purchased.Any thoughts on this?

sujo78
Apprentice

Hello..Just wondering if anyone here has bought refurbished product,and your input on the subject. There is some good holiday prices on some of there cameras,but refurbished..From Canon directly

6 REPLIES 6

Scatterbrained
Enthusiast

I have a T2i that I picked up as a refurb and it's been great.   I've heard much the same from others who've picked up referb lenses and bodies.   The general concensus being that refurbs are less likely to have issues since they are inspected/tested individually.   Either way, I'd imagine that if there's anything wrong you should be able to figure that out before the 90 days is up.

Thanks so much.I have read up on buying refurbished,and for the most part seems like a smart idea. Can save a lot of money,But the fear of getting someones lemon is in the back of my mind. I want a 60D.Right now i just have a canon powershot sx30is. I am not really happy with the photos this camera takes for the most part..Pics seemed washed out and flat.I have had it for a few years ,and although I love the 35 times zoom,and would also consider the canon sx50,I think its time for me to bump up to a DSLR..I hope I am not wrong with my choice.I do take alot of landscape and bird photos.. either way.I think refurbished might be the way to buy. Thanks for your response..

I have purchased a refurbished lens from Canon and it is indistinguishable from a new one. If you are in the U.S. be aware that Canon, unlike many on-line merchants, does charge sales tax. Also, on a few occaisions I have seen lower prices for the same gear new from other on-line retailers. That said, I would have no fear whatever of buying refurbished from Canon.

BrickR
Enthusiast

I got a 60d refurb from Canon and couldn't tell it wasn't brand new except for the white box it came in. Have a refurb T3i on the way (should arrive today).

I have no second thoughts about buying refurb from Canon.

John
Enthusiast

Like a previous poster said, other than the white box, there's not much different.  If the full-retail version of a lens comes with a hood and case, so does the refurbished version of the same lens when you buy from the Canon store.  Same goes with the lens hood.  

Those holiday prices are pretty good.  The discounts happen off and on through out the year.  I think they come in 15%-25% varieties.  But the inventory doesn't last very long.  If you follow blogs, some of them will relay the announcement of a discount's start.  Of the blogs I follow, http://www.the-digital-picture.com/News/ normally makes the first announcement.  You can add it to your RSS reader with http://www.the-digital-picture.com/News-RSS.aspx.

You might find this thread interesting: http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Lenses/Refurbished-quot-L-quot-Are-they-worth-it/m-p/4867#U4867

Thank you.
Announcements