cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurbished DSLR

shafqathussain
Apprentice
Hi everyone I am new in photography I am planning to purchase 6d (used) just wants to know that how I recognise refurbished models is there any mark on camera body?
6 REPLIES 6

@shafqathussain wrote:
Hi everyone I am new in photography I am planning to purchase 6d (used) just wants to know that how I recognise refurbished models is there any mark on camera body?

The term "refurbished" doesn't mean much unless it comes with a guarantee. Canon's refurbs, which do come with a guarantee, are sold only through their on-line store. Because they're considered such good buys, they sell quickly; so you may have to lurk for a while until the model you want comes up.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@shafqathussain wrote:

The term "refurbished" doesn't mean much unless it comes with a guarantee. Canon's refurbs, which do come with a guarantee, are sold only through their on-line store. Because they're considered such good buys, they sell quickly; so you may have to lurk for a while until the model you want comes up.

Exactly.  The word "refurbished" means whatever who says it wants it to mean.  At the Canon Online Refurbished Store, we know exactly what it means.  It means the camera has been checked by hand, and comes with a one year warranty.  The gear even has the "new gear smell" to it. 

I have purchased a couple of cameras, and a handful of lenses for myself, and others.  I'm always so satisfied with the deals I get [I wait for the sales] that I laugh at Canon.  LOL.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

diverhank
Authority

If you are referring to how to tell a refurbished unit when buying it used - there isn't really a way on the camera itself.  However, you can insist on getting the original box.  Refurbished unit comes in a generic white box and that is usually the only difference.

Personally I like refurbished unit - it passed quality assurance twice is how I look at it.  Imho, it's just as good as new at a substantially discounted price.  Strangely, these got snapped up so quickly, I haven't been able to buy any of my equipment refurbished yet.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Mine had a sticker on the bottom indicating that it was refurbished, but if you buy it from a third party they could easily add a sticker or take it off.

shafqathussain
Apprentice
Thanks for your comments

Bought a refurbised 70D a few months ago. Very pleased with it and price.

Announcements