cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red dots in both night and day on darker areas.

mehmetgorgin
Apprentice

As it can be seen on the pics that i have shot There are areas on both daylight and night pics on darker areas on the scene. It doesn't matter if i shoot them in Manual or Auto Mode (Without Flash). When using Auto iso  red dots are more oftenly created. In night light i choose 800-1200 iso and 2,5" seconds in some sceenes it's not happening. You can check both video and some pics.  There was no problem like this when i got the camera . They are no hot dead pixels but there is something wrong with ISO. Please help 😞 

1.JPG

IMG_6093.JPG

IMG_6094.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Peter
Authority
Authority

Would you like to provide an affected raw sample from your 70D? Just watching your pictures from a phone right now so it is hard to see anything. I would like to check what's happening before demosaicing.

May it be something like this? https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/Red-Grain-in-the-Under-Exposed-portions-of-the-Image-Canon-70...

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You are sure there are not "lights" in those spots?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

mehmetgorgin
Apprentice
Definetly no lights on spots. I take some another snaps today under daylight but problems still exists. When i take a shot includes lights or partial areas that have more light then rest of the scene the darker areas blinks in red. And you can not take normal photos. It a like there is problem like BLC ( back light compensation) not working on sensor. Sensor can not decide exact iso or etc.

mehmetgorgin
Apprentice
I have allready resetted to the factory defaults for everything on every menu. Upgraded to latest flrmware. Both in Manuel settings and or automatic modes results are same. There is this option that only if i have set the needed iso for the dark areas in the scene which have same light conditions dark areas looks ok but areas have light gone white and loose visibility.
Announcements