cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red & green outlines in photos

Jzero
Contributor

Hello - I am new here and thanks for having me.

I am having problems getting good focus with my 5D Mk II and I have just noticed that there are green outlines on left of objects and red on right edges. This occurs where there are strong contrasts especially between dark and light colours.
I am using a 24-105 mm 1:4 L IS USM lens.

What could be the problem please?
Feeling devastated.

27 REPLIES 27

" I will take it into a local camera repairer and ask for their opinion."

Would not be my first choice for lens repair unless Canon no longer services this lens.  Call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@Jzero wrote:

Hello. I bought both the camera and lens second-hand.
(Which was all I could afford at this time)

The 24-105mm f/4l is a pretty good lens and shouldn't be exhibiting noticeable chromatic aberration. If you can't correct it in post-processing, you might want to have Canon look at it and see if something is out of alignment. Is there any evidence that the lens has been dropped?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hello RobertTheFat,

Who knows if has been dropped 😞
But yes, I will have it looked at and may even send the lens off to Canon.
Could be an alignment problem, as the green and red look like a colour image with incorrect registration.

Thanks.

shellbo6901
Enthusiast

Ive been having alot of purple and I can fix it in PS, although not so great at times, but all its dong r removing those colors from the entire photo. That results in 1.) then I very light(white) halo instead, which isn't the worst, but 2.) removing color from places you dont want. What can be done so it doesn't happen to start with? Seems like its just, not shooting where theres alot of dark to light(possibly more so near the outside) or zooming in. Im using an EOS R, but Ive never had a problem with past cameras, so I thought I may just be photographing badly 😞

What lens? It should be corrected on the R.

shellbo6901
Enthusiast
EF 50mm 1.4 & EF 17-40 f4L but it’s even on my kit lens which is why I think it’s just the type of photography I’m doing

Show us a sample photo.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Are you using the Canon adapter?

Announcements