cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Squares Showing up on images - 60D

Meredithjewel
Apprentice

Hi everyone - I need help with fixing these mysterious red squares that show up on my finished images while i'm editing them. I have no clue what causes them.

I'm going to include a screenshot of one of them on an image i pulled up to edit in Lightroom.Red square.PNG

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

what has touched your image before this, i.e., what is your workflow?

Does it show up when you render a final image, or only when working on them? i,e, is it an image data problem or a preview problem?

Nothing, this image is straight from my camera to my laptop - no edits were made prior to the screenshot. It only shows up on (seemingly) random images as well, I was shooting for about an hour straight and 2 images have these squares on them. 

The square shows on the preview on my camera as well.

This is possibly image corruption. When was the last time you formatted your card?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You need to do the basic trouble shooting first off. New SD card.  Reset the camera. Try it in a nice bright day lighted place. If it works, it works. If not it needs repair.

You said it was on the camera's screen also. That eliminates LR and your computer.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

altco
Contributor

just a thought, do you happen to have a heat source with this shape in your studio?

Announcements