cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Dots on 5d markiii - Help, please...

EuAcelasi
Apprentice

Red dots on my sensor... Hot pixels or dirty sensor?Red Dots.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Dirty sensors tend to create dark grey smudges.  I think you need to take more test shots.  Those spots could be birds.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

EuAcelasi
Apprentice
They appear on every photo

EuAcelasi
Apprentice
They appear on every photo. It was clean for a period and then suddenly something happened...

They could be hot/stuck pixels but to be sure you need to take a shot of a completely blank plain surface ( a sheet of paper), it is better if the shot is completely mis-focused then faulty pixels will still show up as sharp spots, do not use the sky there are too many things floating about in it.

Enlarge the picture to 100%, make a small crop of the problem area then post it on here to get a proper diagnosis.

@EuAcelasi wrote:
They appear on every photo. It was clean for a period and then suddenly something happened...

If they appear in every image, no matter which lens, then you could have a sensor issue.  Sensor dirt tends to be way out of focus, so it shows up as translucent smudges.  Hot pixels tend to show up as distinct pinpoints, though. If it is identical in every image, then I would rule out a bad memory card. 

Contact Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Peter
Authority
Authority

Seems like burned sensor due to laser.

Alishaikh80
Apprentice

i am having the same issue with my Canon 5Drs 

IMG_9618-00.jpg

Peter
Authority
Authority
Looks like the Youtube video of the Sony burned by a tatoo remover laser.
Announcements