cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording video with 60 D and when I press shutter button to refocus, the camera noise and the adjus

shawtcut
Apprentice

When recording video with the 60 D, I press the shutter button to refocus while recording and the camera's adjustment noise records on the video. Is there a way to re-focus when you zoom in or out and the focus that was once sharp is no longer.

Also  when recording video and taking a still shot while in recording mode, the camera noise and the still shot is recorded on the video. Is their a way to have the noise and still shot not show up on the vedeo?

2 REPLIES 2

pauldeg
Apprentice

To avoid lens motor noise recorded on video you have 2 options: get an STM lens or use external mic with a dumper (or both :-)).

To avoid still recorded in video you can use AF-ON button to refocus instead of pressing shutter.

Thank you so much for your answers. I will look up a stm lens and find out what that is.

It makes since to use the AF button on the rear of the camera to re-focus after subject has moved or zoom has changed causing focus to be lost. This DOES answer part of my question, however what do you recommend in the same situation but I actually want to take a still photo while recording video. Is there any way to take the still without the act of taking it being noticeable on the video playback?

I was hoping that my 60D would allow me to leave the video camera at home. Video quality from the 60D is good enough but these 2 afore mentioned problems are aggravating. Using the video camera, taking stills while recording is not detected on playback, zooming in and out is smoother and re-focusing is visually noticeable but not audible. Conversely my video camera will not take the stills my 60D will, so it seems I stillneed to carry both.

Please help!

Announcements