cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raw photos from 5D Mark iii is coming pink or reddish

soumenchatz
Apprentice
I was recently on an international project while I was using my canon 5D mark iii. While shooting I observed that the raw photos are coming reddish or pinkish and also sometimes the data of previous shot is overlapping with the next one. Not sure exactly what is the problem. It is not consistent. Sometime consecutive 5-10 photos all coming that way then suddenly it stops and everything is normal. Restarting the camera, changing battery, changing memory card, changing lens - I tried all. But the problem exists .

If anyone knows the root cause of this problem or faved similar problem please let me if there is any resolution
3 REPLIES 3

Ray-uk
Whiz

You need to post some sample pictures before anyone can really make a proper decision on this.

The overlapping problem is usually down to a faulty memory card, are you using a full sized card and not a micro SD with an adaptor and have you formatted the card in the camera.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@soumenchatz wrote:
I was recently on an international project while I was using my canon 5D mark iii. While shooting I observed that the raw photos are coming reddish or pinkish and also sometimes the data of previous shot is overlapping with the next one. Not sure exactly what is the problem. It is not consistent. Sometime consecutive 5-10 photos all coming that way then suddenly it stops and everything is normal. Restarting the camera, changing battery, changing memory card, changing lens - I tried all. But the problem exists .

If anyone knows the root cause of this problem or faved similar problem please let me if there is any resolution

What you describe is usually cosistent with using bad memory cards or unformatted cards.  You did not state what type of memory cards you are using or testing, SD or CF.  I hope that it is not a motherboard/sensor issue.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Mitsubishiman
Rising Star

I don't know if this is the issue but something similar happened to me. 

Twice with 2 different CF cards, it turned out that when I viewed on the camera similar effect, downloading same  

Turned out the card was very hot, after waiting and trying after the card was normal temperature they were okay. 

So they were both SanDisk Extreme 256 GB cards

Canon 5DSR

I left it in the trunk and it became really hot, so if the same happened to you then take the card out of the camera and let it set. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements