cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Issues - Brightness/Displays/Outdoors

SherryR
Apprentice

Is anyone else having issues with their R6 and brightness? I am having two main issues: when I focus, as I push the button, everything lights up to what the shot really should look like, but only for a split second, and then it goes back to a much darker shot and that's what stays when I hit the trigger. 

Also, when I'm out in a sunny day, the entire back of the screen and the viewfinder goes completely white. I can't see anything unless I crank my F stop up super high, as well as my shutter speed. I mean to REALLY high numbers to make things as dark as possible to even be able to SEE the scene. Doesn't matter which lens I have on.

I've been having these issues since I bought it in Fall. I've tried to adjust settings, factory resets, firmware updates, etc, but something is just really "off" with it (and not just outdoors). I barely touch it now because I'm so frustrated with it and don't enjoy it at all and regret buying it.

And just for the record, I can take the same shot, settings, etc just fine with my 5DMIV.

14 REPLIES 14

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It sounds like you have your ISO cranked up very high.   For the scenario where you are seeing the all white screen, what are the current camera settings?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

No, it wasn't. I should've clarified that in my post. Sorry. The whole thing is just puzzling.

Are you using flash at all? Perhaps the camera is switching the camera to the sync speed?

We'll need more information.  What settings/setup do you have?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

No, no flash.  I really don't know how else to explain it or the settings because no matter what I did, until I cranked everything up to make it dark, you couldn't see anything but this crazy blinding white screen/scene. I'll need to video it when we get a bright day again - should've did that yesterday. I was just hoping someone would have also experienced it and had a fix/suggestion.

You need to provide a little more information.  There are too many unknowns beginning with what lens you're using.

I recommend resetting the camera back to factory defaults, taking a few test shots in P mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks. I'll just contact the support team and see if they can help. I really think it's a defect issue. It happens no matter what lens is on it. (Any of my RF, EF with adapter, etc.)  And I have reset to factory settings already but it didn't help it. But thank you. I appreciate the replies.

Do you have a camera store or a camera club nearby? They might be able to help hands on.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Capturedbykb
Apprentice

Okay I’m literally ha I g this exact same issue! Shooting in perfect day light, and my ISO is at 100, I have a completely white screen! But I can see all the settings! Did you ever fix it? 

In reply to Caturedbykb:

Please start your own thread for your issue, even if it appears the same, the circumstances may be different and it gets confusing with folks getting their wires crossed, especially those trying to help.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements