cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6: HDMI output disappointment

edwardhchan
Apprentice

Just a warning to those thinking the R6 will act like the R fo HDMI outputs -- I used my R through HDMI with a capture card for Zoom and was able to see the output and Q stats on the LCD, clean output through the HDMI, and record onto the SD card all at the same time.  This isn't possible on the R6.  You can either have HDMI only output with stats based on info button (no LCD screen) and record, or output to LCD with stats and clean HDMI, but no recording... Why did they do this? Even if recording is limited to 1080p/30 it's a useful option... 

15 REPLIES 15

I did return my R6 as it overheated while not even recording as I set lights for an interview shoot. Fortunately I was able to shoot the interview in 1080p rather than the 4k I was hoping for but what a drag. Important you have the warranty card when you return it to a store. Not sure what happens with Amazon.

samkagech
Apprentice
R6 is a huge regret for me. With no clean hdmi while hdmi is connected is s as huge drawback in this error of live-streaming

@samkagech wrote:
R6 is a huge regret for me. With no clean hdmi while hdmi is connected is s as huge drawback in this error of live-streaming

The R6 has "Clean HDMI" output.  However, I think there is some sort of limitation to it, though.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If I set up HDMI output to external monitor and display together, I am getting almost clean HDMI except I still have the tracking rectangle there. Is there any way to get rid of the tracking rectangle?

thedirtyduo
Apprentice

I too need to do a livestream but need to see my screen on the camera and remove the display info.

Anyone come up with a solution?

My lord!!!

Singu1979
Apprentice

hi.

I bought CANON R6 -ii last week and noticed that this camera doesn't have the recording option while HDMI out is connected. I am in shock now how to handle this issue with out changing the Camera. any suggestions?? please.

Singu Muralidhar
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements