cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 & R6 request: Adding Shutter Angle

JJacksonFilms
Apprentice
I am loving how the R5 and R6 are shaping up to be. But I understand there’s no option for Shutter Angle with either of these cameras, only Shutter speed. In a firmware update I would love to see a shutter angle option added into the cameras, especially for the R5.

For someone like me who is basically a video shooter, Shutter Angle makes my work so much easier as it’s one less thing for me to worry about when switching frame rate options.
6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Adding shutter angle would make it necessary to restrict the range of available shutter speeds. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

JJacksonFilms
Apprentice
You could just make a separate mode where the shutter range is restricted to access the shutter angle. That way if you don’t want to use shutter angle, then the normal mode is available.

@JJacksonFilms wrote:
You could just make a separate mode where the shutter range is restricted to access the shutter angle. That way if you don’t want to use shutter angle, then the normal mode is available.

Canon's line of Cinema EOS cameras have shutter angle, and a lot of other features.

JJacksonFilms
Apprentice
That still isn’t a good reason for it not to be included in the R5. Panasonic have it in their S1H and GH series of cameras.

@JJacksonFilms wrote:
That still isn’t a good reason for it not to be included in the R5. Panasonic have it in their S1H and GH series of cameras.

I suggest that you contact Canon directly with your suggestion.  This is merely a user forum, not product support.

@Waddizzle wrote:

@ WalgreensListens  wrote:

I suggest that you contact Canon directly with your suggestion.  This is merely a user forum, not product support.

Announcements