cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 RAW - can't see it from Cinema Raw Development

Rui_Guerra
Contributor

Hi All,

I have a problem and maybe you can help me. I just can't see the R5 clips from inside Cinema RAW Development. What I'm i doing wrong?

I'm using Mac OSX High Sierra and R5 firmware 1.3.1

In Finder I can see the files, no problem. But once I open Canon's Cinema RAW Development the folder looks empty (but it's not).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

12 REPLIES 12

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do they open in Digital Photo Professional (DPP)?

Yes, they can be seen and opened in DPP.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What recording format did you use?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

one file in 8K RAW and another in 8K RAW Light. None is visible in Cinema Raw Development.

I don't know about the 8K RAW. but did see that RAW Light capability will be added to Cinema RAW Development in a yet to be released update.

Screenshot 2021-04-18 134853.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Although that explain the 8K RAW Light issue, I was under the impression that someone said somewhere that he had no problem with 8K RAW. But maybe this firmware update also changed something in the original RAW, or maybe the problem is with Clog3.

Thank you so much for pointing this out, I was getting rather concerned about not being able to see our C Log 3 footage in CRD.
Russ

Rui_Guerra
Contributor
The problem is not with Clog3. It’s the same with Clog and even with Log Settings Off.
Also I’ve tried another Mac, with OSX Mojave and the same thing happens. Can’t see the Raw footage at all.

Anyone in this forum can see and play R5 Raw footage with Cinema Raw Development?

Hi Rui,

When I record Raw in CLog, I can see the files in Cinema Raw Development.

When I record Raw in CLog 3, like you, I too cannot see them, however I can confirm they play back in both FCPX and Resolve.

I am reassured by the fact that Canon have acknowledged the need to update CRD to address this as highlighted in one of the previous messages.

All the best,

Russ

Announcements