cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 Ef-r Mount and Laowa Probe Lens

TonyTMusic
Apprentice

Hello everyone. I am a newbie for sure. I just got my R5 and the RF 70-200mm lens. I also bought the Laowa Probe lens with canon EF standard mount. 

When I use the R5 and 70-200mm I can shoot and film no problem. When I put the ef-r mount to attach the Laowa, it does not allow me to shoor or film. 

I put the Laowa on the 5Dmkii, no problem it records.

so what am I missing here? Is it the mount? How can I get my R5 and Laowa to work so I can film. 

Tonight I upgraded the firmware 1.1.1 on the R5.

Thank you,

-Tony T

8 REPLIES 8

Ray-uk
Whiz

The probe lens appears to be fully manual with no electronic link to the camera so the camera thinks there isn't a lens attached. You will probably find somewhere in the R5 menu an option that you can set where that it will enable it to shoot without a lens.

This is just a guess, I don't have that camera or lens.

This is why I love forums. Thank you so much. It led me to another article regarding what you said and you are correct. I was able to enable shoot without lens function. 

Thank you!

-Tony T

3 years down the line, would love to know any of your feedback about the Laowa probe lens. Thinking of getting it for my R5 🙂

esegarra2000
Apprentice

Hi Tony, did you solved the problem?

I have exactly the same issue.

Regards

TonyTMusic
Apprentice
It’s literally that^ go Into settings and change the function

solved Thank you very much !

Orange menu-- page 4 -- release shutter wo lens

DCKR
Apprentice

Thank you!! 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

This is a 3-year-old thread.  A good solution was provided release shutter without lens attached.  

Anyone experiencing similar behavior, please start a new thread.  

Let's leave this thread retired.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements