Canon Community Canon Community
 


Reply
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎07-25-2020
Accepted Solution

R5 CFexress & SD Recommended Cards

[ Edited ]

Canon has released a spec list for which classes of cards it recommends. But specific brands of CFexpress cards range vastly in speed. Every where from 800 - 1600 MB/s Anyone see a recommend read/write speed. The Canon 1dxmkii & iii even came with a Sandisk card with preorder, so you at least had an idea. Has anyone seen an official list of approved card speeds?  

Highlighted
VIP
Posts: 10,189
Registered: ‎08-13-2015

Re: R5 CFexress & SD Recommended Cards


@ImageAndFilm wrote:

Canon has released a spec list for which classes of cards it recommends. But typically Canon also releases specific brand cards it recommends. The Canon 1dxmkii even came with a card with preorder. Anyone seen an official list of approved cards?  


No, they do not.  Post a screenshot of Canon documentation that specifies specific brands.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎07-25-2020

Re: R5 CFexress & SD Recommended Cards

Updated and answered my own question. Canon lists the write speeds required on their website. But I wish it was in MB/s not Mbps. 

Highlighted
VIP
Posts: 10,189
Registered: ‎08-13-2015

Re: R5 CFexress & SD Recommended Cards

[ Edited ]

@ImageAndFilm wrote:

Updated and answered my own question. Canon lists the write speeds required on their website. But I wish it was in MB/s not Mbps. 


You ignored my question and retconned your original post.  Your credibility has dropped precipitously to one with the trolls.  I say TROLL because memory card manufacturers, as general rule, do not list write speeds, just read speeds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎07-25-2020

Re: R5 CFexress & SD Recommended Cards

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine? Haha Nice to meet you to. 

 

My original post didn't accurately represent my question. So I clarified. I updated the post and notified you I updated it. I was very transparent. And for the record card manufacturers litterally put read/write speeds directly on the physical card itself. It's a standard practice now.

Screenshot_20200725-213725_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200725-213641_Google.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 6,845
Registered: ‎11-13-2012

Re: R5 CFexress & SD Recommended Cards


@Waddizzle wrote:

@ImageAndFilm wrote:

Canon has released a spec list for which classes of cards it recommends. But typically Canon also releases specific brand cards it recommends. The Canon 1dxmkii even came with a card with preorder. Anyone seen an official list of approved cards?  


No, they do not.  Post a screenshot of Canon documentation that specifies specific brands.


866A8AB0-C720-417C-ABC1-5270F04C61AF.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎07-25-2020

Re: R5 CFexress & SD Recommended Cards

Thanks for posting this John. After the gentleman above was rude and called me a troll, I second guessed myself. Looks like he was the troll to begin with. I don't understand why people have to be so mean.

This is what I was looking for but in the R5 version. I don't want to buy the wrong card. Especially when they are so expensive
Highlighted
VIP
Posts: 10,189
Registered: ‎08-13-2015

Re: R5 CFexress & SD Recommended Cards


@ImageAndFilm wrote:
Thanks for posting this John. After the gentleman above was rude and called me a troll, I second guessed myself. Looks like he was the troll to begin with. I don't understand why people have to be so mean.

This is what I was looking for but in the R5 version. I don't want to buy the wrong card. Especially when they are so expensive

You are a troll.  Look at your other post accusing Canon of lying in their media releases.  Who does that?  Trolls!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
VIP
Posts: 10,189
Registered: ‎08-13-2015

Re: R5 CFexress & SD Recommended Cards


@jrhoffman75 wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

@ImageAndFilm wrote:

Canon has released a spec list for which classes of cards it recommends. But typically Canon also releases specific brand cards it recommends. The Canon 1dxmkii even came with a card with preorder. Anyone seen an official list of approved cards?  


No, they do not.  Post a screenshot of Canon documentation that specifies specific brands.


866A8AB0-C720-417C-ABC1-5270F04C61AF.jpeg


That is not what was originally asked.  The original post has been changed to be specific to CFExpress cards.

 

BTW, have you seen the other post accusing Canon of "false" advertising?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
VIP
Posts: 10,189
Registered: ‎08-13-2015

Re: R5 CFexress & SD Recommended Cards


@Waddizzle wrote:

@ImageAndFilm wrote:

Canon has released a spec list for which classes of cards it recommends. But typically Canon also releases specific brand cards it recommends. The Canon 1dxmkii even came with a card with preorder. Anyone seen an official list of approved cards?  


No, they do not.  Post a screenshot of Canon documentation that specifies specific brands.


No, they do not.  This is from the 1Dx Mark II manual. No brands are listed or recommended.  It does not use CFExpress.

 

9445CABF-8D65-460E-8EEB-F2BC780945B1.jpeg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
powered by Lithium

LIKE US on Facebook FOLLOW US on Twitter WATCH US on YouTube CONNECT WITH US on Linkedin WATCH US on Vimeo FOLLOW US on Instagram SHOP CANON at the Canon Online Store
© Canon U.S.A., Inc.   |    Terms of Use   |    Privacy Statement