cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 CFexress & SD Recommended Cards

ImageAndFilm
Enthusiast

Canon has released a spec list for which classes of cards it recommends. But specific brands of CFexpress cards range vastly in speed. Every where from 800 - 1600 MB/s Anyone see a recommend read/write speed. The Canon 1dxmkii & iii even came with a Sandisk card with preorder, so you at least had an idea. Has anyone seen an official list of approved card speeds?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Wadsizzle

I really do not appreciate being called a Troll. Your comments were unwarranted and disrespectful.

Here is the screenshot. Maybe instead of tearing others down you should rethink the way you interact with others. Be kind.

Screenshot_20200805-170802_Chrome.jpg

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ImageAndFilm wrote:

Canon has released a spec list for which classes of cards it recommends. But typically Canon also releases specific brand cards it recommends. The Canon 1dxmkii even came with a card with preorder. Anyone seen an official list of approved cards?  

No, they do not.  Post a screenshot of Canon documentation that specifies specific brands.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Updated and answered my own question. Canon lists the write speeds required on their website. But I wish it was in MB/s not Mbps. 

@ImageAndFilm wrote:

Updated and answered my own question. Canon lists the write speeds required on their website. But I wish it was in MB/s not Mbps. 

You ignored my question and retconned your original post.  Your credibility has dropped precipitously to one with the trolls.  I say TROLL because memory card manufacturers, as general rule, do not list write speeds, just read speeds.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine? Haha Nice to meet you to. 

My original post didn't accurately represent my question. So I clarified. I updated the post and notified you I updated it. I was very transparent. And for the record card manufacturers litterally put read/write speeds directly on the physical card itself. It's a standard practice now.

Screenshot_20200725-213725_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200725-213641_Google.jpg

@Waddizzle wrote:

@ImageAndFilm wrote:

Canon has released a spec list for which classes of cards it recommends. But typically Canon also releases specific brand cards it recommends. The Canon 1dxmkii even came with a card with preorder. Anyone seen an official list of approved cards?  

No, they do not.  Post a screenshot of Canon documentation that specifies specific brands.

866A8AB0-C720-417C-ABC1-5270F04C61AF.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

@ImageAndFilm wrote:

866A8AB0-C720-417C-ABC1-5270F04C61AF.jpeg

That is not what was originally asked.  The original post has been changed to be specific to CFExpress cards.

BTW, have you seen the other post accusing Canon of "false" advertising?

Beat the recording limits and overheating in canon R5!

Canon is definitely  hiding information,  they are intentionally holding back their camera with software.

New discoveries have found that the real problem for the camera are the cfexpress/sd cards in the camera!  These cards initiate the temperature timer in the camera Giving you the limited said recording time by canon. But recording  externally with out the cards in the camera you actually trick the camera from overheating limit issue that become the biggest problem with virtually every R5 user.

The cfexpress card slot and sd card slot makes the camera heatup more so in the card slots more than the whole camera.  Yes we know that a lot of data is being pushed but that still doesn't explain why this limits the camera recovery time and record time. The slots are either faulty and canon needs to do a recall or canon needs to optimize the software to work with the new media and remove the limits and bad recovery time. Period

The cat is out the bag! I tested this with my own R5 there is definitely something going on here ! 

youtube NOLIFE

Pt 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnG00Fhu5pI

Pt 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_xqX4_Qe9E

@Waddizzle wrote:

@ImageAndFilm wrote:

No, they do not.  This is from the 1Dx Mark II manual. No brands are listed or recommended.  It does not use CFExpress.

9445CABF-8D65-460E-8EEB-F2BC780945B1.jpeg

I'm sorry you seem to be confused. We are referring to the Canon R5 and the 1dx mk iii. Both use CFexpress. 

I referenced the 1dx mark ii at the beginning because I remember a document just like the one John posted. It was very simular in nature.

But all this talking still does not get to the point of the original post. 

I'm looking for the samething John posted but the R5 version. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements