cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 CFexress & SD Recommended Cards

ImageAndFilm
Enthusiast

Canon has released a spec list for which classes of cards it recommends. But specific brands of CFexpress cards range vastly in speed. Every where from 800 - 1600 MB/s Anyone see a recommend read/write speed. The Canon 1dxmkii & iii even came with a Sandisk card with preorder, so you at least had an idea. Has anyone seen an official list of approved card speeds?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Wadsizzle

I really do not appreciate being called a Troll. Your comments were unwarranted and disrespectful.

Here is the screenshot. Maybe instead of tearing others down you should rethink the way you interact with others. Be kind.

Screenshot_20200805-170802_Chrome.jpg

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

@ImageAndFilm wrote:

I'm sorry you seem to be confused. We are referring to the Canon R5 and the 1dx mk iii. Both use CFexpress. 

I referenced the 1dx mark ii at the beginning because I remember a document just like the one John posted. It was very simular in nature.

But all this talking still does not get to the point of the original post. 

I'm looking for the samething John posted but the R5 version. 

I am not confused.  I answered your original post.  The answer is still, "No, they do not."  You retconned the original post.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Wad. Have a nice day. 

@Wadsizzle

I really do not appreciate being called a Troll. Your comments were unwarranted and disrespectful.

Here is the screenshot. Maybe instead of tearing others down you should rethink the way you interact with others. Be kind.

Screenshot_20200805-170802_Chrome.jpg

Your first post is just below.  No one replied to it, and for good reason.  It was very argumentative.  

This thread is your second post.  You changed the original content.  That is really bad web etiquette. 

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/R5-FALSE-listed-specs-Announcement-FullHD-120fps/m-p/314339 

253AFAE2-2E6F-4899-B92F-A273D0BF4587.jpeg

ImageAndFilm
Enthusiast
Thanks for posting this John. After the gentleman above was rude and called me a troll, I second guessed myself. Looks like he was the troll to begin with. I don't understand why people have to be so mean.

This is what I was looking for but in the R5 version. I don't want to buy the wrong card. Especially when they are so expensive

@ImageAndFilm wrote:
Thanks for posting this John. After the gentleman above was rude and called me a troll, I second guessed myself. Looks like he was the troll to begin with. I don't understand why people have to be so mean.

This is what I was looking for but in the R5 version. I don't want to buy the wrong card. Especially when they are so expensive

You are a troll.  Look at your other post accusing Canon of lying in their media releases.  Who does that?  Trolls!

ImageAndFilm
Enthusiast
*UPDATE*
Canon CPS is aware that this information has not been displayed to the public. Canon's Technical Engineers are expected to release this information on Tuesday. They will be sending me an update. I have a case number and in contact with their head of the Education department. I will post the information they relay when they get back to me.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Thanks for the followup.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ImageAndFilm
Enthusiast
Canon responded and said that the highest you need is a CFexpress card that can sustain a 400Mb/s minimum write speed. They said a list of cards is not yet available but on the delivery date more information should be available

ImageAndFilm
Enthusiast
A timeline of what information was put out in regards to FullHD 120fps is hardly arguing. It was a factual timeline. It included the actual source information with screenshots. Sharing facts and screen shots what canon posts on their website and social channels is not arguing. The post was informative of how Canon displayed that FullHD 120fps was supported and then how they back tracked.

Also this post received comments that were not inline with my actual question. So I made a post specifically sharing that I updated my orginal question to clarify my actual question.

I have only been upfront and transparent about all this the entire time. It's all documented.

The only web edicate broken is you hijacking this post to talk about another post. Going through your history shows you do this sorta thing a lot. If you are not going to help. Why are you responding this way when people are asking for help.

Move along

Announcements