cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick mode focus

CLB1941
Contributor

I need to know how to turn off and on the Quick mode focus with a 7D MKii. I am trying to micro adjust and the article that I am reading states that it is very important to turn Quick mode focus off before doing this.Thanks.

Larry Brown

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@CLB1941 wrote:

I need to know how to turn off and on the Quick mode focus with a 7D MKii. I am trying to micro adjust and the article that I am reading states that it is very important to turn Quick mode focus off before doing this.Thanks.

Larry Brown

The 7D2 does not have a “Quick Mode” for focusing.  The easiest way to disable any focusing mode is to turn the lens switch to MF.  I do not like the sound of that instruction.  The technique for performing AFMA is camera independent.  

Do a search on YouTube for “Dot Tune Method”.  This is a very good technique to use.  Your test target for focusing needs to be 25-50x the focal length that you are testing.  

I have found that Canon L lenses tend to almost always be spot on.  The majority of their consumers lenses do not focus accurately enough, meaning focusing is not consistently repeatable, to bother with AFMA.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I will give this a try.

Announcements