cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: how to turn off the LCD Display on the back of Canon 7d Mark ii?

iris
Enthusiast

I have problem shooting the Milky Way at night because I need to look at the histogram and display before and after each s hot..but the display stays on while I am trying to look through the view finder to frame the shot...it is sooo annoying...I"ve tried to cover the screen and look through the viewffinder but at night, looking at stars, it impedes one's ability to see anything in the viewfinder if your hand is up under your nose trying to hide the screen....Isn't there somme way to create a custom button or something to turn it off and on quickly????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Such a simple fix...I spent all my time looking on line for the right explantion in the on-line instuction manual:)   Next time I'll just come straight to the forum....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Doesn't the Disp or info button do that?

Such a simple fix...I spent all my time looking on line for the right explantion in the on-line instuction manual:)   Next time I'll just come straight to the forum....

What I did is get an LCD Screen snap-on protector and then cover it with stick on black cabnet linning - when don, I just remove the linning. 

No it does not - not when I tried it - I presume we are talking about 7D MK II in Video mode right...!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements