cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Abe's of Maine retailer

PEJKKJ
Contributor

I'm looking at a 1DX Mk II, and Abe's of Maine has what appears to be a great deal on new ones for $4,149.  In scouring their FAQ's it says that they are not an "authorized" Canon dealer.  Are these international models with no US warranty, or ones that fell off the truck?  Never ordered from Abe's before so not sure how to interpret them.

24 REPLIES 24

Nicely put Bob!  🙂

It brings to mind the UK legal term for food additives, "nature identical" sounds so much nicer to consumers than what are known as "artificial ingredients" in the U.S.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

"And it's not located in Maine."

If I remember correctly at its very beginning it was located in Maine or the owner was from Maine? I remember doing some business with them in 1980 or very early '80's.  They were just as bad then and haven't changed.  My recommendation is to avoid doing any business with Abe's of Maine. No matter where it is located.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

It is not called "Honest Abe's".  Hmmmm....Smiley Wink

And it's not located in Maine. Reminds me of what's been said about the Holy Roman Empire: It wasn't holy; it wasn't Roman; and it wasn't an empire.

Hah! I got to say exactly this at Sunday School last week. Most people have no idea what it actually refers to, which were some powerful Germanic kings mucking around in Italy.

"... the Holy Roman Empire: It wasn't holy; it wasn't Roman; and it wasn't an empire."

However, it was the only game in town.  Abe's is not, many more better stores to patronize.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

In feudal Europe, there was always more than one game in town. Sometimes they even had more than one Pope.
5DIV, 7DII, EF70-200/2.8 IS II, EF24-70/2.8, EF24-105/4, EF17-40/4, EF50/1.4, EF85/1.8, EF135/2
Announcements