Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Question about Abe's of Maine retailer

Thanks again, everyone. Appreciate the comments. The $1300 I was trying to save isn’t a big deal, ebiggs1. Just figured it was worth investigating. I want the DX for the 14-16 frames a second. Shooting a 7D II now at 10/sec and i’m Interested in the faster speed. Also the ability to export from 4K 60 fps video to images as well may help capture the hand & ball contact in volleyball even more than the 14-16 fps, although at a lower resolution. I don’t think the 5D mk4 has the video to image capture feature, and the 7 fps is too slow.
VIP

Looks like 1DX Mk II all the way.  Smiley Happy  Go get it but from a good Canon USA retailer.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, along with less and less other stuff.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

One motiviation for ordering online (expensive for expensive items) was to avoid sales tax.  But with recent tax law changes, most states now demand that online retailers collect tax.  This means your local authorized Canon dealer probably sells the camera for the same price as an online store.

An advantage of ordering local is that when you buy big ticket items, they are often happy to give you some complementary assistance with it.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da