cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about 7D2 Cases 5 and 6

digital
Rising Star

So far I have found only one thing that makes no sense. In Cases 5 and 6 the manual states AF auto point switching is disabled in single point AF mode which makes sense. Of course this would apply to any case if you activated it. As you can see in Cases 1 to 4 it is on zero.

The manual and the AF setting guide PDF both state AF auto point switching is active in expanded and zone. Zone makes sense because you can see the AF points actually switching. In expanded mode the points surrounding the centre point are assist points. They are not switching. In fact they all illuminate together when AF lock is achieved in AI Servo.

I read a few things and did some tests. In single shot, expanded and single point you can actually see adjacent points light up sometimes. If one did, you took the shot you and view in DPP later you can see both the centre point and the adjacent AF point that assisted are red. Same thing on your LCD.

In AI "FOCUS" and expanded you can move the camera around and see the assist AF points light up now and then but the centre point always lights up as well. The adjacent point is still an assist point as far as I can tell.

In AI Servo all points are AF points are active and as I said they all light up when AF is achieved. So I don't get how the AF points are switching in expanded when in either AI Focus or Servo. I don't think too many people use AI Focus anyway so

AI Servo is the one I'm actually questioning. 

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements