cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protective Screen ?

Philomath
Contributor

As I am going through the manual testing my new EOS 80D it occurred to me that I should get a protective screen for the LCD panel.

So I started reading reviews of such screens and I found this...

"I used to go through these like cupcakes, I would at least break 2 or 3 each season; I finally said that's it! How much can I spend replacing these things. Well, not long ago I bumped my camera into something and I cracked my LCD screen (at least that's what I thought at first). I got home I looked at my LCD with great sadness and all of the sudden I had a Eureka moment. It turns out the Canon cameras come with a protective screen and what I have cracked was not the actual LCD but the Canon's protective screen. I was spending all this money to protect the protecting screen. I called Canon and it turns out the original screen that was on my 5d is half of what the xxxxxx costs. I think a lot of people place these on their camera thinking that it protect the LCD but in fact it was installed on the original protective screen which is way stronger and more scratch resistant. I think there is a slight misunderstanding on the part of xxxxxx; it should say it is a replacement for the original Canon protective screen if you want a part that's not an OEM. I guess you learn something everyday. Hope you guys find this review helpful."

Can anyone here tell me if this is true for the 80D, that there is already a protective screen on top of the LCD ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
13 REPLIES 13

80D.jpg

Thank you  Ily3988.

You saved me from buying a protector to protect the built in protector.

I wonder how many people spend money to do that?

Probably a lot because most people do not know there is a protector built in.

Many thanks.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

One has to wonder ... how is this person handling their camera that they are breaking 2-3 screens per season!??

We need to know who this person is so we make sure we never ever loan them any of our gear.  😉

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Announcements