Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D not getting data back from off-camera flash via iShoot transmitter

NatasaLeoni
Contributor

Hey guys,

Happy Monday 🙂

I have a Canon 6D and a Canon Speedlight 580 (works great when on camera - no problems at all)

I am now trying to set up a make-do studio situation and am using an 'iShoot' trigger and receiver for the flash.

I have it all set up and when I attach the trigger to my camera and click the 'test' button (on the actual trigger), everything fires and syncs great...so I know the trigger and receiver and flash are all working together. However, my camera is not reading or receiving data from the flash, so when I press the shutter on the camera, the flash doesn't go off.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? 

I have attached a few photos to help explain what is going on - and a video here 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q6szv5iol0irjs3/AAB_ssYfeeRIzo69DmRYgeINa?dl=0

THANK YOU

Natasa

IMG-5150.JPGIMG-5151.JPGIMG-5152.JPGIMG-5153.JPG

11 REPLIES 11

I guess these units have never worked for you. I did a quick online search and it seems these are not the best quality and you may have a bad one. 

Mike Sowsun

Ray-uk
Whiz

With the transmitter unit off-camera short out either of the 2 side metal contacts with the centre pin contact of the foot with a piece of wire or a paper clip, if it is working then the led on top of the transmitter will flash briefly and the remote flash will fire. If this works then you will know that the unit is operating correctly and the fault must be that it isn't connecting properly with the camera shoe.

Are you sure that you haven't broken any wires inside the unit when you fitted the battery because that is very easily done.

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

If your unit is like this one with only one central pin on the foot then it is made to be used in manual flash mode only and ETTL control will not work.

Announcements