cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 5D IV Zoom to Focus Point?

chrisgeigerphot
Apprentice

Very experienced with  my 5D III's and I like the ability to hit the zoom button in playback to zoom in and see if I have focus at the spot AF point. I see the exact same option in playback menu, 3rd tab. I have it set to "Actual size (from selected pt)" but it is operating as it was set to "Same as last manif.(from ctr)"

When I press the playback button, I see the image, when I hit the zoom button, it zooms into view at 100% but it always zooms to the center and not to the focus point. I can't get the 5D IV to perform this function even though the setting is there and and it clearly states in the 5D IV manual that it has this function just like the 5D III has.

anyone else see this?

zoom-point.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Did you read the blue box? Do you have distortion correction on? That prevents the camera from displaying the focus point.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Did you read the blue box? Do you have distortion correction on? That prevents the camera from displaying the focus point.

I reset the camera and erased all custom settings. Then went back in and turned off the distortion options again and now it works. Problem solved. 

DId my first commerical shoot today with the camera and love the results. Will be replacing my other 5D III soon. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements