cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem transferring photos from 5D4 to iPad Pro or iPhone X

bigjb3
Apprentice

When I connect the camera to my iPad Pro or iPhone X, the import page opens. It shows place holders for all the images on my SD card, but the images don't load. I click Import, but nothing imports. I replaced the Apple lightwire cable that the camera cable connects to, but it didn't help. I can connect the camera to the computer with no problem. I went to the Apple store, and the guy said to try updating the firmware, or resetting the camera to its factory settings. I updated to ver. 1.0.4, but it made no difference. I prefer to not lose all my settings by resetting the camera, but will if no one has any other suggestions. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

@bigjb3wrote:

When I connect the camera to my iPad Pro or iPhone X, the import page opens. It shows place holders for all the images on my SD card, but the images don't load. I click Import, but nothing imports. I replaced the Apple lightwire cable that the camera cable connects to, but it didn't help. I can connect the camera to the computer with no problem. I went to the Apple store, and the guy said to try updating the firmware, or resetting the camera to its factory settings. I updated to ver. 1.0.4, but it made no difference. I prefer to not lose all my settings by resetting the camera, but will if no one has any other suggestions. Thanks.

Write down all the settings before you clear them. Then join my occasional crusade to persuade Canon to give EOS Utility the capability to read and save the camera's settings. (And, of course, reinstall them later.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you have two cards in the camera, try removing one. The 1D X doesn't import with two cards installed; remove one and all works fine.

I assume you are using the Apple USB-3 camera connector?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

bigjb3
Apprentice
Hi, JR, that fixed it! Thank you so much.

that doesnt fix the problem for me

regardless having one or two cards inside (and also which one)

the Gallery App starts on

- iPad Pro 2018 12,9 inch (3rd gen) iOS 12.1.3 (and before) on connecting the

- Canon 5D Mark IV Firmware 1.1.2

but the import button / screen does not show up on the ipad

(wireless is off)

(i am using 2 different original apple USB-C to USB connectors which are working with my other cameras but not with the 5D)

Announcements