cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem recharging LP-E6 batteries

brupsilva
Contributor

Hi, fellas.

I bouth a Canon 6D and I have a problem with my batteries/charger LP-E6 and LC-E6E.

I put the battery into the LC-E6E. It blinks one time per second in orange for hours (much more than the 2,5 hours) and finally it turns off the led when the battery is full. It doesnt show any other phase of blinks like 2 times or 3 times per second and even the green light.

It happens with my two batteries.

What is happening? Does anyone knows?

One more question. Could I recharge the LP-E6N battery in this recharger? 

23 REPLIES 23

@brupsilva wrote:

Hi, guys! Finally solved! 

My suspicious was right. It was a fake recharger. FAKE! After a very angry phonecall, the seller sent me the original one. Now everything is working fine!

Thank you all for the replies! You rule!

Glad it worked out for you.  Please do us a favor...when you asked the question, you should have stated that you bought the charger separately...We were all assuming your charger came with the camera when you purchased it.  You would have had different and more useful advices if we had known it.  Fake chargers are a huge problem.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

@brupsilva wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

@brupsilva wrote:

My suspicious was right. It was a fake recharger. FAKE! After a very angry phonecall, the seller sent me the original one. Now everything is working fine!

That's great.  Just one more thing, though.  Scratch that retailer off the "buy" list.

Already DONE. 🙂 

Was the seller listed as a Canon Authorized Dealer?

If they were I'm sure Canon would want to know which dealer isn't shipping out the proper charger.

@TTMartin wrote:

@brupsilva wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

@brupsilva wrote:

That's great.  Just one more thing, though.  Scratch that retailer off the "buy" list.

Already DONE. 🙂 

Was the seller listed as a Canon Authorized Dealer?

If they were I'm sure Canon would want to know which dealer isn't shipping out the proper charger.

No. He doesn't. 

@RobertTheFat wrote:

I'm at work, so I can't check; and I don't have time just now to try to navigate the Canon site. But the B&H site indicates that the 5D3 and the 7D2 ship with the same charger.

Same charger, different firmware...the same thing recent camera firmwares starting to check and warn you about non-OEM batteries, too.  If you care to search the internet photography forums...This has been discussed at length. You don't have to take my word for it. 

However, I have two identical chargers at home and one will charge the Canon batteries just fine but refuses to charge the Wasabi I have.  The older one charges everthing I throw at (complete with the number of flashes and green light).   I got to see it for real first hand.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements