cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem recharging LP-E6 batteries

brupsilva
Contributor

Hi, fellas.

I bouth a Canon 6D and I have a problem with my batteries/charger LP-E6 and LC-E6E.

I put the battery into the LC-E6E. It blinks one time per second in orange for hours (much more than the 2,5 hours) and finally it turns off the led when the battery is full. It doesnt show any other phase of blinks like 2 times or 3 times per second and even the green light.

It happens with my two batteries.

What is happening? Does anyone knows?

One more question. Could I recharge the LP-E6N battery in this recharger? 

23 REPLIES 23

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are they true Canon batteries? Do they work OK after being charged?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Are they true Canon batteries? Do they work OK after being charged?

I bought it as original. I can't say if it really is. They work fine after charged.

diverhank
Authority

Newer Canon chargers will not charge non Canon batteries but should charge real Canon batteries just fine. You can always use the old charger to charge all of them.   I use my 5DIII charger to charge the all LPE6 batteries.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

@diverhank wrote:

Newer Canon chargers will not charge non Canon batteries ...

Really? If that statement is true at all, the chargers for which it's true must be very new indeed. Several times when I've bought a camera from B&H, they've thrown in one of their house-brand batteries, and none of my Canon chargers have had a problem charging them so far.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I guess it's as new as a couple of years.  My 5D Mark III charger is quite happy charging everything while the 7D Mark II charger will not charge non Canon batteries at all. Of course if the non-Canon battery manufacturer could mimic the Canon battery readout exactly, they could fool the charger.  

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

@diverhank wrote:

I guess it's as new as a couple of years.  My 5D Mark III charger is quite happy charging everything while the 7D Mark II charger will not charge non Canon batteries at all. Of course if the non-Canon battery manufacturer could mimic the Canon battery readout exactly, they could fool the charger.  

I'm at work, so I can't check; and I don't have time just now to try to navigate the Canon site. But the B&H site indicates that the 5D3 and the 7D2 ship with the same charger.

Bob

I measured the nominal electric current of the charger. 0,43A when it must be 1,2A. I think its dead.. dammit.

@brupsilva wrote:

I messured the amperage of the charger. 0,43A when it must be 1,2A. I think its dead.. dammit.

I have no idea what you measured, or on which set of terminals, but neither of those values are what I would expect from a "trickle charger".

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@brupsilva wrote:

I messured the amperage of the charger. 0,43A when it must be 1,2A. I think its dead.. dammit.

I'm no electrical engineer, but I believe that amperage must be measured for a given load. So I assume you've measured the charger's performance with both batteries.

Also, the notation you use suggests that you're using the charger in Europe, presumably via an adapter. Before you give up on the charger, make sure that the adapter is operating correctly (e.g., that there's no voltage loss due to corroded contacts, etc.).

Bob
Announcements