Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Preview screen (remote trigger)

[ Edited ]

I’m using a remote trigger via the shutter release port. After image capture, the LCD screen only shows the horizon level indicator, but no preview of the taken image. The only way I can see the image I’ve taken is to unplug the cable to the remote trigger. How can I see the image preview without having to do this after every capture? I'm using an EOS 5D MkIV.

Reputable Contributor

Re: Preview screen (remote trigger)

[ Edited ]

Just tried this with my 5D IV with the RS-80N3 and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Capuring an image via the remote always put up the capture briefely on the LCD screen.   I then pressed INFO until the level was displayed.  Took an image via the remote and it briefly showed on the LCD.  Then the level showed again.  Pressed INFO one more time to return to the Quick settings display.  Third image captured, showed briefly on the LCD screen.

Having said all that, I was in Manual mode, and shutter set to 1/200 (i.e. something other than Bulb).

--
Ricky

EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L, 600EX-RT (x6), ST-E3-RT
EOS C70, RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS
Esteemed Contributor

What is your review time set to?

Frequent Contributor

8 seconds.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

As soon as I attach the remote cable to the receiver, the LCD screen shows the level indicator, and all buttons on the left are disabled.

Im not using the RS-80N3 cable release. I'm using a Vello Freewave wireless trigger.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Which remote trigger?

ETA:

Posts crossed in the Ether.

Do you have a model number?

Frequent Contributor

Vello Freewave Flash Trigger LR (RFWLR)

Esteemed Contributor

I seee nothing in the manual about using this to trigger the shutter. It looks to me that the 3.5mm port on the Vello is labeled "flash out", which is not what you want at all.

Frequent Contributor

Can you clarify what 'flash out' means and why this isn't what I need? What do I need? Smiley Surprised)

Esteemed Contributor

Flash out is to trigger a flash, not the camera.

You need a remote shutter trigger, not a flash trigger. I hope you have not damaged your camera.