cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential built-in flash in Canon 6D mark II?

dane
Contributor

I was thinking about getting one of Canon's full frame sensor cameras, seen rumours they are going to announce 6D Mark II after they have launched the 5D mark IV, does anyone think there is a chance they will add a built-in flash to the 6D Mark II? Why doesn't Canon offer a full frame camera with a built-in flash? Thanks for your help. 

14 REPLIES 14

While they are very nice cameras, they are made from carbon-fiber reinforced thermoplastic and some magneisum in the body. "With a solid, one-piece top cover, the camera (6D) is certainly better sealed against moisture and dust, ..." This is a valid point and probably a hefty reason Canon does not see fit to offer the built-in flash.  The built-in flash in the brand-N models is little more than a trigger for better external flashes anyway.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The 6D II is announced.  The specs do indicate it has a built in flash.  

Keep in mind that a built in flash has many limitations compared to an external flash.  I wouldn't try to think of it as a substitute. 

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

@TCampbell wrote:

Keep in mind that a built in flash has many limitations compared to an external flash.  I wouldn't try to think of it as a substitute. 

According to the posted specs at B&H, it has no flash.  Have not seen mention of a flash from Canon, either.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-6d-mark-ii-body

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@TCampbell wrote:

According to the posted specs at B&H, it has no flash.  Have not seen mention of a flash from Canon, either.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-6d-mark-ii-body

I'm losing my mind.  I didn't expect it to have the flash, was reading the specs, saw the pop-up flash referenced (in two different areas) and was surprised that it had one.

When I saw your comment I thought I'd go link the page... and now that I'm on the page, it doesn't have a flash.  I can only imagine that when I *thought* I clicked the 6D II that I must have clicked a different camera and not realized it.

Apologies for the confusion.  My excuse is that I have some-heimers disease... it isn't bad enough yet to be all the time yet, but it's definitely trending in that direction.  😉

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

COMCASTKIM
Apprentice

remedy #1 = nikon D610 = FULL FRAME AND POP UP FLASH, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY CANON DOES NOT WANT TO COMPETE~

Announcements