cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback issue on Canon 5D Mark III:

Kris
Apprentice

Used an 8  GB Compact Flash card. JPEG image quality capacity 622.  Shot about 500 pics at a polo match.  Downloaded into Picasa on my computer and Picasa would load only about 337 pics.  Tried to view the remaining pictures on the image screen on the back of the camera, and the screen showed only a thumbnail of the pic and said, "Cannot playback image."  Any ideas why this is happening? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hmmm, I am not familiar with that brand of card but I suspect it is bad or at least going bad. I would not trust it any more.

You can try one of the recovery software's out there to see if the other pictures are retrievable.

I recommend, and only use, SanDisk or Lexar.  (RescuePro comes with or at least used to come with SanDisk cards.)

Promaster may be an OK brand and yours just went south on you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

What brand CF card?

EB

Promaster.

Hmmm, I am not familiar with that brand of card but I suspect it is bad or at least going bad. I would not trust it any more.

You can try one of the recovery software's out there to see if the other pictures are retrievable.

I recommend, and only use, SanDisk or Lexar.  (RescuePro comes with or at least used to come with SanDisk cards.)

Promaster may be an OK brand and yours just went south on you.

EB

Thank you!  I appreciate your prompt response.

Hi there, did you resolve your problem cause it seems i have the same problem. ??? thanks 

Announcements