cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP!!! How to take exposure/ photo with a manual lens/ no lens PLEASE HELP

Randosa
Apprentice

Hello I recently puchased a opteka zoom lens and it says to enable no lens reconition setting on the camera but i cant find it. I have a Cannon EOS m50 and have set it to all modes but it wont take a photo. on the camera it shows what i want to take the photo (moon) of in focus and everything but when i go take photo nothing happens. when i do remote shutter from my phone it says shutter unavaliable. Please help! Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Randosa
Apprentice

I found it it is in custom functions pg 3 under the third page on the menu. Thank y'all all for helping me!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You are telling on yourself.  You have not gone through all of the menus or the instruction manual.  There is menu setting that enables the camera to release the shutter without a lens.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Though you might need to download the advanced manual instead of any manual that came with the camera.

"There is menu setting that enables the camera to release the shutter without a lens."

This is correct and it should be right under the first one or two menu screens. I don't have a M50 so I don't know for positive but its there somewhere. It is the second menu on my 1 series.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

They might have to be in an "advanced mode" too, like PAS or M.

Randosa
Apprentice

I found it it is in custom functions pg 3 under the third page on the menu. Thank y'all all for helping me!

Announcements