cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original EOS 5D help

CruzControl72
Apprentice

I've been shooting with an SL1 for about three years and wanted to upgrade to a full frame so I went to my local camera store to ask some questions. They had an original EOS 5D with less than 28K shutter count for only $410, so I bought it. It only came with the body and battery so I don't have any of the software that would normally have come with it. I'd hoped that the EOS Utility software that came with my SL1 would work but it doesn't recognize the 5D so I haven't been able to get my photos off of the camera yet. Any suggestions? Is there a software I can downlload somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

DNC

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I hope the body and battery included at charger.  

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

Use that link to find software.  You may have to select an older Operating System that was popular when the camera was released.  Also, you may want to have the serial number on the bottom of the camera written down.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It had battery, and I bought a charger.

Canon emailed me and said to get a card reader or try a technique to see if it will send the files to my laptop for printing. The card reader is likely the way to go.

I've never used LR before and have hesitated to get a subscription to it. I feel like I would need a class to understand it. The DPP is basic enough that I learned how to edit at a basic level on my own. It may do a lot more than I know how to do.

If you can use DPP, you can use LR.  In fact LR is easier!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" Is there a software I can downlload somewhere?"

Get Lightroom while you can still buy a stand alone licence.  It is all you will need, most likely.  The 5D is a special camera for me.  Used one for a long time very successfully in business.

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Better thougt look at Photoshop Elements, too.  More editing tools then LR.

EB
Announcements