cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original 7D AEB

N7cjv
Apprentice
Why do i have to turn camera off to cancel AEB? Appropriate custon function is enabled. Latest firmware
6 REPLIES 6

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

There are two methods for cancelling AEB. Turning off the camera is the second method. 

_7d.jpg

Mike Sowsun

There is a custom function that allows cancellation of AEB or not after the shot is taken. This custom function does not seem to work. Ive used this camera since it first came out. Its not working as it previously did. Wondering if theres some other setting ive missed?

The AEB Custom Function only works with the power switch. 

_7d2.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Where are you getting all this verbage? Mine is titled "bracketing auto cancel" with the choices of "on" or "off". When turned "on", the bracketing is supposed to cancel after taking the shots without any further action such turning power off.

I see ur getting it from the book. I have to stand corrected. I could swear that AEB was cancelled after the shot with the custom function selected.....thanks for the input. I just have to shoot more

N7cjv wrote:
I see ur getting it from the book. I have to stand corrected. I could swear that AEB was cancelled after the shot with the custom function selected.....thanks for the input. I just have to shoot more

It's straightforward enough to simply set the bracketing increment back to zero. But I assumr that your concern is that if you suddenly have to do some grabshooting while you have bracketing turned on, you don't want to spend the time to go through the two or three steps. What you should be able to do in that case is to set one of the custom positions on the mode wheel to your grapshot settings, including zero bracketing. Those custom positions are pretty global; they set almost everything back to the way it was when the position was defined.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements