cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the EOS 7D Mark II is the main dial supposed to magnify the playback image?

scott37040
Apprentice

I want to check sharpness as I shoot on my EOS 7D Mark ii. I know how to play back the image. I know to click the index/magnify/reduce button to zoom in. But I also read where the main dial should zoom in even closer. Am I right? If so, my camera won't do it. When I spin the main dial in the playback mode it just advances to the next image. Help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

diverhank
Authority

On the 7Dd2, you press the magnify button once to zoom in, then use the dial near the shutter button to zoom in further.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

diverhank
Authority

On the 7Dd2, you press the magnify button once to zoom in, then use the dial near the shutter button to zoom in further.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

The Main Dial is the one by the shutter button.

The dial on the rear of the camera is the Quick Control Dial.

@TTMartin wrote:

Pretentious terminology surely thrives in our time. I think I would've called them "the little wheel" and "the big wheel".

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@TTMartin wrote:

Pretentious terminology surely thrives in our time. I think I would've called them "the little wheel" and "the big wheel".

The 6D seems to combine the "little wheel" and the "joystick" into one multi-function, quick controller dial.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@TTMartin wrote:

The 6D seems to combine the "little wheel" and the "joystick" into one multi-function, quick controller dial.

The 6D combines the 'big wheel' and the 'joystick' into the quick controller dial.

The 'little wheel' Robert refers to is the Main Dial by the shutter button.

Thus RobertTheFat, we see it doesn't matter what they are called, there will be those that confuse them.

My mistake. Funny, I even referenced the manual and still got it wrong. It's working now by using the main dial (the one behind the shutter button). Thanks all.

Announcements