Did you mean: 

OS 10.10.5 and dppm4.3.1 compatible?

crowleyvt
Apprentice

MacBook Pro Yosemite 10.10.5

Digital Photo Professional 4.3.1

EOS Utility 3.2.21

EOS 7D Mark II

Trying to install the lastest Canon Utilities for my EOS 7D Mark II but not having any luck with the installer. It extracts the file but nothing after that . . . Any idea if the OS and latest DPP are compatible?

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

They are compatible; I have both running on my MacBook Air.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John!

Hi Crowlyvt,

Did you find a fix for this problem ?

I am having same problem, I run dppm-4.5.0-installer, it extracts files and stops. No clue where extracted files are.

Hi, gg2265!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which version of Mac OS is running on your computer.  Some time has passed since this thread started and we're sure the Community will want to know what you're working with.  That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and midnight ET (5 AM to 9 PM PT), and Saturdays from 10 AM to 8 PM ET (7 AM to 5 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

After you extract the .zip file, double-click the .dmg file to open the disk image.  You'll see an installer icon in the disk image.  Double click that to launch it.

I have this software running on my iMac and MacBook Pro (both running 10.10.5) with no issues.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Mac OS 10.10.5

The installer extracts the files and stops. I get nothing after that. 

I bought into the EOS 7D Mark II early and RAW and other updates weren't available at the time. The CD's that came with the camera had the same problem. I could launch the installer and it would extract the files but nothing after that.

I'm in need of tethering my camera to my laptop and understand EOS Utility will do that. Maybe there's an alternative piece of software for that.

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing there's something going with the Canon downloads as other party downloads install software just fine. 

Announcements