Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting high fps

Muzahid2020
Apprentice
Canon 5D MIV
13 REPLIES 13

On the Apple board we have a post that we refer to all the time titled: "How to write an effective question". 8^)

More information is definitely needed to address a lot of the questions posted here but not every poster has English as his/her native language which is likely the prime reason behind the wording and lack of clarity with some of the questions posed here.  I suspect the Canon USA forum is one of the most active on the web which attracts people who have had no success getting a question answered on a Canon forum directed towards their country/region  (assuming that forum even exists).

I have been on the other side of this equation multiple times in my hobby of restoring vintage amateur radio gear.  Someone who has become a good friend in Japan (and he has a past relationship with Canon) has been very patient and helpful with me in working my way through some technical questions about obsolete Japanese produced gear that was never intentionally exported to North America so I guess I am the proud owner of some 50 year old gray market gear 🙂

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@kvbarkley wrote:

On the Apple board we have a post that we refer to all the time titled: "How to write an effective question". 8^)

Every forum I've ever been on could benefit from that post. I don't waste my time anymore trying to pull information out of these guys or go round and round with them about an issue they can't clearly describe. While in some cases their inability to describe their issue is due to the fact that English is not their native language, my experience here has been that most of the time it's because they are just mentally lazy. And many are too lazy or not interested in photography enough to read the full manual -- not just to find the answer to a specific question, but to learn more about their camera. In fact some have expressed anger when we suggested that they spend time with the manual.

Back to the subject at hand, this is from the website specs:

High-speed continuous shooting: Max. approx. 7.0 fps

• With 1/500 sec. or faster shutter speed, maximum aperture (varies depending on the lens), with a fully-charged Battery Pack LP-E6N, and at room temperature (73°F/23°C).
  • The maximum continuous shooting speed will decrease under the following shooting conditions:
  • [Anti-flicker shoot.: Enable] results in maximum approx. 6.6 fps.
  • [Dual Pixel RAW: Enable] and RAW or RAW+JPEG image quality.
  • [Digital Lens Optimizer: Enable] will greatly decrease the continuous shooting speed.
  • The continuous shooting speed may become slower depending on the shutter speed, aperture, subject conditions, brightness, lens, flash use, temperature, battery type, remaining battery level, etc.

Note, as I said above, that DLO "will greatly decrease the continuous shooting speed".

Announcements