cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No IBIS no order.

Bazsl
Rising Star

Dear Canon,

My position on a full frame mirrorless camera is, no IBIS no order.

A CPS Gold Member

25 REPLIES 25

I just read in the manual that you can also use the cross keys on the back to move the AF point so the joystick functionality is available.

The DPR team found using the touch-screen, to move the AF point, “laggy.” Either they, or another review site, found the cross-keys to also be a very slow way to move the AF point.

I am not angry or feeling let-down about this, at this point in time, because I am not in need of a new camera body, but I do hope that Canon either continues to introduce and produce 5D and 1D models, or builds an R with pro-level controls and performance.

I'm not surprised that moving the AF point is slow with the cross keys due to the large number of points. I am disappointed that it is slow using the touch screen. The M5 is very acceptable using the touch screen but the M5 far fewer AF points. Like you, I am in no rush to replace my 5D IV. I did read quotes from an interview with two Canon executives in which they suggested that both a higher level and a lower level full frame mirrorless are coming. 

We do live in interesting times, for DSLRs, with the D850-v.-5D IV war* starting last year, the Z and R announcements upsetting many this year, and several DSLR models being “due” for upgrades in 2019 and 2020. A modest one-time financial windfall enabled us to “catch up” this year, so neither I nor my wife will be needing to buy a camera for quite a while.

No war, here. My two newest camera bodies are a 5D IV and a D850. Both are wonderful. Smiley Happy

@RexGig wrote:

We do live in interesting times, for DSLRs, with the D850-v.-5D IV war* starting last year, the Z and R announcements upsetting many this year, and several DSLR models being “due” for upgrades in 2019 and 2020. A modest one-time financial windfall enabled us to “catch up” this year, so neither I nor my wife will be needing to buy a camera for quite a while.

No war, here. My two newest camera bodies are a 5D IV and a D850. Both are wonderful. Smiley Happy

So are we to infer that your wife is a Nikon partisan?

Ah, well, my wife and I were both Nikon users, back in the film era. We bought Canon digitals because our daughter had one she liked.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

FWIW, no gaffer tape is needed. You can disable the multi-function bar. It also has a mode where you have to long press the left end to turn it on. After you use it you can long press the left to turn it off or it will turn off automatically if you don't touch it for 10 seconds. Canon seems to have done a nice job making all of the controls highly configurable.

Announcements