cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New guy looking for advice

itznj
Contributor
I'm sure you've seen hundreds of these posts but I'm going for it anyway. Just joined the forum. Been into photography for a few years now and I've been using a beginners camera: d3100 with a bunch of different lenses...

I've been wanting the EOS 6D for awhile now. Just looking for some advice on good lenses to start with or places to buy the body etc. I believe the body is around $1800 but checking out other sites like niceelectronics.com they're going for $1000. Curious to know if there's a catch or hidden things from these 3rd party sites. Would love to grab this body at only $1k. I also use Lightroom, an old version which I need to upgrade but what kinds of editing programs do you use? Any insight/advice would be great thanks!

-Kevin
12 REPLIES 12

I am not one who subscribes to the notion a certain body will only shoot certain subjects.  Yeah, there may be a small advantage with a niche subject like sports vs landscapes.  But in the real world, you are not going to see this difference unless you are a pixel peeper.

Believe it or not but there was a time when we didn't have any of this.  There was no AE, no IS, no AF, etc. and guess what we still got the photos!

You will love the 6D along with the 24-105mm f4 L from either of the places I suggested.  Then stop reading the spec charts and go out and shoot.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

You guys are awesome

"Among cameras, the 6D seems almost immune to criticism. That suggests excellent reliability."

I like the sound of that 🙂
Announcements