cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cameras coming from Canon?

John_SD
Whiz

Well, now that the promotional videos and product brochures have leaked for the Canon 90D and the M6 Mark II (both appear completely legit), it looks like the rumors were true. The official announcements are supposed to come on or around August 28, so we shall see. But this seems to be the end of the line for the 80D and the 7D series. As had been rumored, the 90D will be a bit of a blend of both cameras. There doesn't appear to be a 7D Mark III on the horizon. See Canon Rumors, PetaPixel, Engadget, etc. 

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It seems to me that releasing a new mid-range APS-C body while killing the highly popular and successful, professional grade 7D line is a major mistake.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

It seems to me that releasing a new mid-range APS-C body while killing the highly popular and successful, professional grade 7D line is a major mistake.

I completely agree. Given the company's missteps in recent years, I personally think it is time for new leadership at Canon. 

Cameras are a big deal at Nikon.  At Canon, cameras are a department down the hall.  At Sony its, I didn't know we made cameras. Probably has something to do with what is done at each company.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Cameras are a big deal at Nikon.  At Canon, cameras are a department down the hall.  At Sony its, I didn't know we made cameras. Probably has something to do with what is done at each company.

Canon put in for a copyright on the names of these two latest camera bodies at the same time.  They also applied for and got a copyright for the name “EOS 7D Mark III” at the same time.  I am getting this from the rumors site a year ago.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

Canon put in for a copyright on the names of these two latest camera bodies at the same time.  They also applied for and got a copyright for the name “EOS 7D Mark III” at the same time.  I am getting this from the rumors site a year ago.

I am sure they may have registered the name a year or so ago. But my findings indicate that the 7D series will be riding off into the sunset. I hope I am wrong, but fear that I am not. If there will be a 7D Mark III, how many more years does Canon intend to delay it? I just don't think it is coming. 

Google "Rest well Canon EOS 7D series". Published about 3 months ago. This is also from the rumors site. 

Announcements