cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New T5i Owner With Sd Card Card Problem

Rickguns
Contributor

Hi, my first post here. I just got a new T5i this past weekend and I'm having trouble with the SD Card. It is loading pictures in to my computer photo library in correct order of the picture being taken. I will have picture number 0ne when actually it was like the 5th pic I took. Pic 2 might actually be like the 10th pic I took.........nothing is in correct order. Thanks for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem was resolved, it was a software issue. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pjmacd
Enthusiast
In order to troubleshoot this, it would be helpful to know:

1. What kind of computer are you using, and what operating system?
2. What software program are you using to transfer the files to your computer?
3. Are you inserting the SD card directly into your computer, or using an external card reader, or using the USB cable that came with the camera?

I have a Dell with Windows 7, I am putting the card directly into the SD Card slot of the computer. I am loading them to the file "My Pictures" the same way I have done for my other older Canon Camera

Are you saying the file numbers that the camera (T5i) puts on the photos is not in order?  I doubt that is even possibile.

Try inserting the SD card in to the computer and use Explorer to check the file numbers.  Do not transfer them just look.

If they are in sequiential order, than your software is doing something......strange.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I took a series of shots of 5 different items, 4 pictures of each item. Down loaded in my computer and they are all mixed up again. I took the same SD Card and put it in my old Canon and took eight pics of paper numbered 1-8. Down loaded in my computer and they were in perfect numeric order. It has to be something with the new Canon.

That is REALLY strange, especially if the same card works with an older camera but not the T5i. The only other thing I can suggest (if you haven't already done this) is to format the card in the T5i and see if this keeps happening. If it does, the camera may need to be repaired or exchanged.

Of course the SD card needs to be formated in the camera it is to be used in.  Never any other way!  Smiley Sad

But I believe this is a software problem and not a camera one.  Your software is messing them up.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Problem was resolved, it was a software issue. Thanks for the help.

Announcements