cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MFA method

digital
Rising Star

Looks pretty good as is uses LV which is accurate and consistent as the base.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1187247/0

4 REPLIES 4

JohnTh
Contributor

1. It is viral now on other forums. Thanks for sharing anyway.

2. To Canon: Sons, the AFMA automatic adjusting procedure should be embeded in the firmware, even in the simple form of automatically shooting 10-20 shoots at each AFMA setting. If you're trully professional, you can also compare the shots (using a convolution kernel to look for high frequencies and/or compare with the CDAF engine like in the OP) to find which one is the most focused. Ok, you can charge for a focusing target if you want. Smiley Happy

There are too much advantages to leave this out: One wants to fine tune his AF in the field at the shooting distance in the shooting light (it is known that the PDAF is influenced by the light's wavelength). Sometimes, besides that the actual AFMA in-studio procedures are coumblesome, the results are off.

There are so much things you can do... 

You can Canon.

my 2c & HTH,

John Th.

Well said. 

A few pointers if anyone is inrerested. Post # 15.  Fred Miranda really likes this method.   

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1187247/2

I'd be happy enough if Canon would embed an automated (or at least assisted) method in the EOS Utilities program. Most people use a large screen monitor for their serious photo editing so the software could use a full screen target and then assist with on screen prompts and image capture via the USB connection. I'd be willing to invest in a USB extender cable in order to give the camera a greater distance from the screen needed with some lenses. It might not be feasible for the really long "great whites" but for most everything else it could work quite well.  I use quite a few of Canon’s lenses and manually doing the MFA process is a real pain in the a…

Currenly using R5 and R7 mostly plus a variety of Canon RF and EF lens...
Announcements