Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Crop sensor vs Old Full frame

DrWalter
Apprentice

Hello all,

I'm curious if any of you can weigh in on a little predicament I am having:

I have had a Canon EOS 350D since 2008, and I am looking to get a new Camera- I do not have tooooo much money at my disposal yet, so I am looking to get something used.
I looked on KEH, and they offer an EOS 1D Mark II body, charger, and batter for only $339 at "Bargain" condition. However, only one of three lenses I have are compatible with the body (canon ef 75-300mm f/4-5.6 iii usm). Which is why I am considering getting a newer crop sensor that can take all of my lenses.

I specialize in outdoor photography, so I would think a full frame sensor would be a better option. If I get a full frame, I will likely purchase a lens that is under $200 that would work with the body. I will admit, reluctantly, that I want to look as "professional" as possible-something that I feel like a crop sensor will deprive me of. I realize that the latter sounded very pretentious 😛 ........... So, I would like to hear what you all think of this

1 REPLY 1

hsbn
Whiz

1DMII is not a full frame unless you meant 1DsMII. But all the 1D cameras are great one even if it's a few generation older. But there is one down side of using the 1D series that is once you use it, you can never go back hehe. So the next time you upgrade, it will be even harder. I think how you look is not as important as how confident you are. If you're confident with your craft, then it doesn't matter and the clients will know this too. To normal people, if you're holding a DSLR, you're already look "pro". I say get the used 1D. The hardest part is getting a decent lens for under $200.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements