Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: New 6DMK2 with dirt on sensor-need advice

[ Edited ]

I want to thank everyone for their responses. I looked up Canon's service to clean the sensor and they show $49.00 to do it (https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/canon-maintenance-service. Being Sunday today, I did not call to find out if this would be covered under warranty however.

I realy didn't want to box/ship it in if I could clean it myself. I learned from Tim Campbell's write up above that there is actually glass filters in front of the sensor, this is something I did not know. So I would not be actually touching the sensor itself. At this point I am willing to try an antistatic brush (which I just ordered) and try the dry method Tim mentions. I think it is just a stubborn piece of dust that is defying my bulb air blaster and just needs some encouragement. If that fails I'll send it in. I want to thank everyone for their responses, great forum! Charles

New Contributor

Just a quick update. I was able to dislodge the piece of dirt using a static brush that Tim Campbell mentioned. Thanks to Tim and all who replied. Charles
Honored Contributor

@FM3AAR wrote:
Just a quick update. I was able to dislodge the piece of dirt using a static brush that Tim Campbell mentioned. Thanks to Tim and all who replied. Charles

No insult intended.  But, you got lucky.  Seriously.  BTW, where did the piece of dirt go?  I hope it fell out of the body.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."