Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: New 5d Mark 3 on the way

[ Edited ]

I'm new to this forum so don't really understand why we are bickering over this.  The fact is, I haven't seen any current offering from Canon of a zoom lens that has an aperture of 1.2 (or 1.4) which you can get from Canon as a prime. My fastest zooms are 2.8.   Perhaps stating it that way you will understand my reasoning  behind the choice to buy a prime lens as opposed to buying zooms.  As for whether you think that aperture is necessary for your work is simply your opinion.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@mitch236 wrote:

I'm new to this forum so don't really understand why we are bickering over this.  The fact is, I haven't seen any current offering from Canon of a zoom lens that has an aperture of 1.2 (or 1.4) which you can get from Canon as a prime. My fastest zooms are 2.8.   Perhaps stating it that way you will understand my reasoning  behind the choice to buy a prime lens as opposed to buying zooms.  As for whether you think that aperture is necessary for your work is simply your opinion.

Welcome to internet forums, where bickering and digression are expected for any discussion that goes more than 2 pages.  I'm pretty sure we covered this point by page 2, but it doesn't stop people from arguing their own agendas.  There's little correlation between what's discussed in here and what people are actually out there doing with their cameras.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Skirball wrote:

@mitch236 wrote:

Welcome to internet forums, where bickering and digression are expected for any discussion that goes more than 2 pages.  I'm pretty sure we covered this point by page 2, but it doesn't stop people from arguing their own agendas.  There's little correlation between what's discussed in here and what people are actually out there doing with their cameras.

Maybe there wouldn't be so much bickering if the "so-called" experts took less time to shove the opinions of others aside or just post nasty comments like the "keyboard photographer" comment. (BTW,  I actually like this comment because if you have about 2,000 posts, you are a "self-annointed" keyboard photographer. Ha ha.)

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@mitch236 wrote:

Obviously this is the case and you will find that some individuals are not content to let you have your opinion without being hassled.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@cale_kat wrote:

@Skirball wrote:

@mitch236 wrote:

Maybe there wouldn't be so much bickering if the "so-called" experts took less time to shove the opinions of others aside or just post nasty comments like the "keyboard photographer" comment. (BTW,  I actually like this comment because if you have about 2,000 posts, you are a "self-annointed" keyboard photographer. Ha ha.)

You do realize that Ebiggs and I are two (very) different people, correct?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I know the difference.