cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neewer NW680 Flash Remains in Manual Setting

tconstan
Contributor

Just got the Neewer NW 680 primarily because of the many features for the price.  Well, it doesnt matter at  the moment because I cant get it to work in the Automatic Zoom mode.  The diffuser and white board are fully retracted (per instuctions) but the unit remaions in manual. Per owner manual, I pressed the Zoom button several times but still no go.  Any suggestions (other than trashing it)?  I am using it on a 77D,

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@tconstan wrote:

Just got the Neewer NW 680 primarily because of the many features for the price.  Well, it doesnt matter at  the moment because I cant get it to work in the Automatic Zoom mode.  The diffuser and white board are fully retracted (per instuctions) but the unit remaions in manual. Per owner manual, I pressed the Zoom button several times but still no go.  Any suggestions (other than trashing it)?  I am using it on a 77D,

I suggest you talk to the folks who made the flash.  It is they who claim it works with Canons, right?

An even better idea would be to send it back for a refund, and get a genuine, issue-free Canon speedlite.  Check out the Canon Refurbished store for deals on flashes and strobes.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Make sure your flash head is pointing straight ahead (not pointing up in bounce position). On many flash units the flash head Auto zooming is disabled when not set to straight ahead.

With a Canon brand flash, when in bounce position, the flash head Auto Zoom will default to 50mm in order to have better spread of light on the ceiling. (the display will not show 50mm but shows -- instead)  It is possible to set a manual zoom setting as well. 

If that doesn't work, try using the camera's external flash control menu to set the zoom head to auto.  

Mike Sowsun
Announcements