cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Opinions. Inherited some cameras/lens. What to keep/sell/gift?

tomb818
Apprentice

Relative recently passed.  He was a semi professional photographer with no kids/wife.  A few years before his passing he gave me his EOS-50D & a nice Lens since he knew I was a photography buff "back in the day" (Pre-digital).  I've been playing with that and enjoying myself.  Now I have a pile of bodies and cameras and am not sure what to keep/sell/gift.  I sold some of the crazier expensive lenes since I dont see my sons or I hiding in bird blinds and taking shots of Ospres a mile away.  I can only use one at a time and have 2 sons.  Do I move myself into the best camera?  Which one is the best?

Sell what I can and make nicknacks out of the rest?

EOS-30D

EOS-40D

EOS -50D

EOS-1D

EOS-1D M II

EOS-1D M IV

EOS-1D X

EOS-7D

EOS-7D M II

EOS M100

Sony Alpha 7Rii w/ Canon adapter
Fujifilm X-E2 w/ numerous Fuji/Ziess lenses
4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Which one is the best?"

This is an easy one.  Keep the 1DX and the 7D Mk II.  Sell the rest as they pale in comparison to those two bodies.

The 1DX will fill all your FF camera needs.  The 7D Mk II will do the same for any cropper needs.

These are two of the best cameras available today.  You are very fortunate to have received them.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks, 

I miss him alot.   Realized the other day, "Maybe I should upgrade into one of the newer ones rather then leave em on the shelf".  I appreciate the input.

Tom

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Which one is the best?"

This is an easy one.  Keep the 1DX and the 7D Mk II.  Sell the rest as they pale in comparison to those two bodies.

The 1DX will fill all your FF camera needs.  The 7D Mk II will do the same for any cropper needs.

These are two of the best cameras available today.  You are very fortunate to have received them.

Those are the two bet bodies out of the collection.  The 1D Mark IV I would rate as third.  You might want to hold onto it as an alternative crop body.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

RexGig
Enthusiast

My condolences.

Welcome to the forum. 

Others have already provided good answers.

Announcements