cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT ABLE TO DOWNLOAD EOS UTILITY VIEWER

Xtina
Apprentice

I HAVE A NEW 6D CAMERA. I ALSO HAVE A NEW MACBOOK PRO THAT DOES NOT COME WITH A CD DRIVE. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DOWNLOAD THE  EOS UTILITY? THE ONLY DOWNLOAD YOU HAVE ON YOUR SITE IS THE UPDATER. I DONT HAVE A CD DRIVE.

2 REPLIES 2

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

You can download the full contents -- not just the updates.

I see that for the 6D they did not update the list of software to show the "EOS Digital Solutions Disk" software, although it is available.  

Go to this page:  http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_6d#DriversAndSoftware

It will auto-detect your OS version.  If your MacBook Pro is indeed new then you are likely running OS X 10.9 "Mavericks".  Just change the menu to show software for OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion" and you'll notice the list of software updates.

The download you want is named "EOS Digital Solution Disk Software... " (with a version number, etc.)  

It will prompt you to enter the serial number of your camera.

Once that base software is installed, you will only need to get the updates going forward.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thank you, I see thats a good link, I wish I found it earlier. I went ahead and inserted the cd into an old computer of mine, downloaded it from the cd, then transferred it an external hd, then loaded it into my computer.  This is good to keep on hand. I bookmarked it. thanks again!

Announcements