cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DATA - Empty cards from Canon 5DM3 post shoot

kater85
Apprentice

I just shot an event yesterday, and both cards (CF / SD) are coming up 'no images.' I was scrolling through reviewing images in-camera over dinner, and then only took a few more shots before finishing for the night. Came home to immediately back up–and they were gone. Settings were the same as my other 5dm3, and cards were purchased within L10 months. Is there any hope of data being actually on the cards and recoverable? 

I find it hard to believe that both could be corrupt, and lead me to believe it was a camera writing error. Camera behaved as usual without any indiciation during the day of an error. Has this happened to anyone else before? Thoughts on best next step?  

11 REPLIES 11

yes, i must have done something really stupid,  something  like that  pocket dialing as suggested by Waddizlre , i dunno. it was many years ago, and has not happened again since then

live and learn, although some never do either

sandrajmcgray
Apprentice

Hi, You can try free utility programs like recuva, stellar data recovery free edition, testdisk. These data recovery programs able to recover deleted data, formatted data, lost partition data from the storage drives efficiently. To do so connect your card with the pc via card reader and run any utility program, if you see your lost photos, video in preview then you can recover it. Thanks

Announcements